Home » Research Essay (Cover Letter)

Research Essay (Cover Letter)

Dear Reader,

I wrote my essay to let the people know how the people are being neglected while they speak based on their gender. Firstly we gained a lot of knowledge about the literary and linguistic qualities  throughout the course. Everyone was required to choose a topic that was being discussed and related to language. I was really confused about the topic because there are a lot but it’s hard to find the proper article that will explain my argument. After doing a lot of research I chose the topic of “Language and gender inequality” as my research topic. It’s one of my favorite assignments in this course and also the most difficult one. 

We learned about several ways to search for the article through the CCNY library and which one we should select for our paper etc. Our first objective was to provide an informal proposal of the topic of the piece we picked. Writing a synopsis of “Language and Gender Inequality” helped me arrange my essay thoughts and provide insight into how I should format my essay. I think my essay’s wording will be tailored to satisfy my audience, classmates, and teacher. Because this is a interesting topic and many will can relate and something real is fascinating to read.​

If I talk about the struggling part then I will say finding an academic and primary source was hard to find. But for my article, I chose the sharpest argumentative strategies utilized by Tanto to persuade her readers. Throughout this time, the essay’s background had the most influence on my storytelling ability. I have used more than eight pieces of evidence and thoroughly explained them to prove my thesis and all the essays that we did throughout the semester helped me a lot to do this. 

Important to mention, the meeting with prof was very helpful because they know what we added and what not. Also before submitting the final paper we should be sure if everything is good and the sources we use are reliable. Honestly, before the meeting I forgot to add the academic source to my paper but Prof Caitlin helped me with that. It assisted me in reducing my error.

All those steps helped me to journey implication and motivated me to vision to enable dialects. Also, finding out about the author’s background helped me to recognize the author’s significant influence on the audience. Essentially, this project taught me the value of a topic that is important to research about and I want to employ this knowledge in my future debates.