Home » Language Narrative (Cover Letter)

Language Narrative (Cover Letter)

Dear reader,  

First and foremost, I want to make it clear that this article is for anybody who has struggled with language and has witnessed others doing so. Learning a new language entails a variety of factors. Pronunciation and grammar are two of the most difficult elements to master. The rules of certain languages are very straightforward, and English is one of them. However, I will add that the language differs depending on the continent. For me, speaking is the most difficult task. In any language, I’m not very good. So, at first, I wasn’t sure how to approach the Language Narrative essay subject. Because my first language was Bangla, and my second language was English. I began to consider my interactions with both languages. Every language is difficult for us to learn. In my upbringing, I hardly remember anything in Bangla. Even yet, speaking Bangla accurately is becoming more difficult. But we all know that if we put in enough time and effort, we will eventually succeed. 

Working on this article also allowed me to reflect extensively on language. My essay is about being ignorant and embarrassed as a result of my poor command of the English language. I chose this topic to write about because I wanted to show how it enhances my desire to learn new things. As we all know, the language includes the capacity to completely understand the subtle meaning of texts while utilizing knowledge of social and cultural norms. I had a positive picture of myself as a learner when I initially arrived in this country. As we all know, English is the worldwide language and the language of the technological revolution and the internet. As a result, communication-oriented language abilities have received more attention.

Following the completion of the first draft, I got feedback from my peers to enhance it. Through this review it develops my strategies for reading, drafting, collaborating, revising, and editing. Because when I got the suggestions, it improved the paper’s flow by ensuring that the transition from one topic to the next was seamless. These assessments also provide me the viewpoint of a classmate, who validated that my message was conveyed through the essay. I revised my essay in response to the feedback, correcting my grammar and improving the flow of my plot. Because my peer affirmed the delivery message, I kept the essay’s general structure intact. In addition, I was able to read the drafts of my classmates, which helped me appreciate language literacy from the perspective of a student who had a completely different experience than I had. 

If I had more time to write the essay, I would go into further detail about my thought process and preparation. To make it less personal, I planned what I was going to write and gave it more attention. In addition, I was planning to include extra background information in my essay in order to have a deeper knowledge of the individuals. I could have included some Bangla conversation to further convey the scenario if I had more time. However, I feel that my final paper appropriately portrays my experience as a student of English. The format of the essay, in particular, makes me pleased.